Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Definitely Sure That I'm Not Sure

It's hard to pick my favorite Hanson song, but if I had to I guess it would be "Sure About It," from their album, This Time Around that came out in 2000 I believe. The song is about a girl who is basically undecided about alot of things and doesn't really know where she's going with her life. She is "sittin' on the corner of nowhere road, just between i wish i could and i don't know" which I find funny. I think I am able to connect with the song and the lyrics because at this point in my life, and in alot of other people my age, we are definitely in a stage filled with choices. We have to choose a college, based on location, grades, size, setting, and a million other things. This song, to me, is an oasis away from all of that. This song just emphasizes the pain and responsibility that comes with decision-making. It's about a girl who is being given the opportunity to take the wrong path and I just really like the flavor of the song. "Dif you see the man with the cocaine load? It's on sale for the price of your soul... And you're crawling down a long, long road, feeling for  a box named home" That's my favorite part of the song, it's upbeat (even though the topic is a little depressing). It's nice to be able to hear about other people who have trouble making choices. I've listened and loved this song forever but it's just now beginning to resonate and make sense and I'm finally able to relate to it (although I don't know if that's altogether a good thing). 

You can find the lyrics to "Sure About It" here:


1 comment:

Lea said...

Wow. Anna, I am so surprised that it's not mmmbop. Only because I have heard that song 100,000 times and the only reason I heard it so much is because you put it on! Haha. I really like what you said though. Also, that's kind of strange that it says 7:43 am because I definitely didn't write it in the morning. weird.